Shifting banded classes to before recess

Contributed by HOE WEI QI

Current Situation:
As a CCA teacher for volleyball, there are numerous occasions where I have to bring the students out for competitions and as such, have to miss classes. Normal, non-banded classes can be swapped with other teachers with some effort, however, it is completely impossible to swap banded classes because they are banded. As such, I have had to ask my colleagues to cover my lesson, if possible. It's really difficult when the class is banded with four other classes (advanced sciences) because four other teachers within the level is already down during that same time. Otherwise, I just have to leave the students to do work on their own, which is not ideal.

Improvement:
The thing is that these competitions mostly happen in the afternoon. Therefore, if the banded classes happen in the morning, then I would not have missed them. This would make things fairer for the students in banded classes and also ease the workload on my colleagues, especially when I'm not around often when the matches are packed back-to-back.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dragon Chinese( Longwenhuayu) 龙文华语

Vouchers as birthday gifts for all staff

INTERNAL HCL ORAL EXAM